The recently launched ICC Code on Marketing and Advertising provides both business and regulators with a globally acceptable framework for responsible creativity and communication.
It helps business by setting out high marketing standards on many tough issues, such as:
- Online behavioural advertising
- Digital interactive media
- Environmental claims
- Privacy protection
- Marketing to children
The code offers best practice guidance that applies across all sectors, markets, technologies, platforms and approaches. This new tool will help companies build consumer trust by using high ethical standards when employing today’s and tomorrow’s most innovative techniques to market their products and services.
Other ICC guides in this area include:
- ICC Framework for Responsible Environmental Marketing Communications
- ICC Framework for Responsible Food and Beverage Marketing Communications
- ICC International Code of Direct Selling
- ICC Principles for Responsible Deployment and Operation of Electronic Product Codes
- ICC/ESOMAR International Code of Marketing and Social Research Practice